HISTORY: Improving lives for more than 55 years.
Sinon’s founder Tien-Fa Yang grew up on a modest farm in Taiwan. During his childhood, he watched farmers struggle - struggle to keep pests at bay, struggle to produce enough food, struggle to maintain a high quality of life for their families.
Sinon Corporation is dedicated to improving the quality of life for both food producers and consumers through committed farmer-agent partnerships and responsible agrochemical usage.
Since our beginnings as a simple agrochemical distributor, Sinon Corporation continues to identify opportunities that require long-term solutions. Consequently, Sinon grew into a synergistic group of businesses that serves the agriculture, technology, and construction industries. A well-known brand in Taiwan, Sinon is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker 1712:TT). Our reputation for long-lasting partnerships and enduring quality has won the trust and loyalty of consumers worldwide.
Sinon Corporation understands that the world’s struggles won’t go away soon. We have worked to identify opportunities and create solutions to improve life, and that’s what Sinon Corporation will continue to do. Improving the quality of life is what Sinon Corporation is all about.
- 2011 - Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) names Sinon Corporation one of the Top Taiwan Brands.
- 2010 – Sinon Corporation expands manufacturing capacity and upgrades waste treatment facility to support record sales.
- 2010 - Sinon Corporation establishes Sinon Philippines subsidiary.
- 2009 - Sinon Corporation receives ISO-17025 certification for technical and management requirements, and OHSAS-18001 certification for occupational health & safety management standards.
- 2008 - Sinon Corporation establishes a supermarket business division as an independent subsidiary, Taiwan Fresh Supermarket.
- 2007 - Sinon Corporation spins off Sinon Life Insurance to focus on food-related solutions.
- 2003 - Sinon Corporation establishes the first GLP laboratory in Taiwan and receives first GLP certification on April 23, 2003 by OECD. The lab brings analysis capabilities to international standards and plays a key role in building both Sinon Corporation’s own registrations as well as the registration dossiers of multinational partners.
- 2002 - Sinon Corporation establishes Sinon Chemical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. to serve the Chinese market.
- 2000-2004 – Sinon Corporation establishes eight international subsidiaries in Europe, Japan, USA, Brazil, China, Australia, Thailand, and Indonesia as part of a global expansion plan.
- 2000 - Sinon information management system business, Kow-Sing Information Co., Ltd. receives ISO-9001 certification.
- 1997 - Plastic Group and Sinon Life Insurance receive ISO-9002 certification.
- 1996 - Chemical Group receives ISO-9002 International quality management certification.
- 1996 - Sinon Corporation purchases the Sinon Bulls Professional Baseball Team.
- 1995 - Sinon Corporation establishes Sinon France subsidiary.
- 1993 - Sinon Corporation establishes Sinon Life Insurance Company.
- 1989 - Sinon Corporation is listed in the TSE (Taiwan Stock Exchange).
- 1979-1988 - Sinon Corporation diversifies into other business areas including: plastics manufacturing, pharmaceuticals intermediates, food processing and distribution, supermarket, cement, and information management systems.
- 1982 - Sinon Corporation establishes the first of many Agro-input Supply Center stores. As of Jan 2012, Sinon operates over 300 stores throughout Asia.
- 1979 - Shinung Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. is renamed Sinon Corporation, and begins a series of business expansions.
- 1979 - Shinung Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. builds a plastic factory and begins customized packaging production.
- 1965 - Shinung Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. builds Taichung County formulation and active ingredient synthesis manufacturing facilities, as well as synthetic and biochemistry R&D facilities.
- 1959 - Shinung Chemical Manufacturing Company is renamed Shinung Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- 1955 - Shinung Chemical Manufacturing Company is established to produce and distribute agrochemicals.
Founder Tien-Fa Yang
Chairman and CEO